ZoneVerte

An occasional sputtering of literary output, rants and opinion.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ubuntu Gnoppix

I've been using temporary operating systems for a few days, while I am in the process of updating my X server. After getting annoyed with Knoppix KDE desktop, I went ahead and fired up bittorrent and aimed it at Gnoppix. After an afternoon's using it, I am heavily impressed. It's smooth, and easy, desktop linux is here folks, and it works nicely. Comes with a full set of of user tools and a fine looking desktop with antialiased fonts and everything.

Only nit I have to pick is that the Mozilla Flash Plugin is not installed on the CD image. Could Someone at Macromedia please get their ass in gear and give these folks a call, you're missing an opportunity here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home